Sunday 6 January 2013

2012 in Review

Happy New Year!

I have never been big on New Year's resolutions but I've always been one to reflect and think (or over-think) about things.  I thought that it would be a good idea to reflect on what 2012 had been for me.  

  1. Started this blog and I was pretty passionate about it.
  2. Moved to a new church.
  3. Little sister's graduation.
  4. Had my dream vacation in Japan. (Seriously, how many people can say they've been on their dream vacation?  I am thankful ^___^)
  5. Mission trip in Chuuk.
  6. Got to know a little girl named, Syuzi, via World Vision ♥
  7. Year for Tech/Gadgets: finally got an iPhone (So handy with photo-taking!)
  8. Got more involved and saw great things God is doing on this island: revivals, youth rallies, churches in united efforts
  9. Got to know many wonderful people ♥♥♥
  10. More freedom!
I would like to expound on number 10 a bit.  My parents are pretty strict and, although I love them so much and they love me more than I can ever know, they can be overbearingly protective.  So with those traits mixed with my personality of desiring to really excel in school, I had the hardest time hanging out with friends.  But within me, I've always desired to know what the world was like beyond the walls of my home or study halls.  I am glad that things are more different now.  And the change really is for the best!  

2012 was good for me!  I hope the same was for you!  Anyway, it's time to leave the old year behind while cherishing memories and learning lessons, and onward to fresh beginnings in the new year!

Because I don't have any resolutions, I do like having verses to inspire my life throughout the year.  Last year's was John 4:34-35, and it really influenced a lot of my decisions and actions.  For 2013: 
Ephesians 3:20  Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 
Thinking about that is so energizing!  As the year continues to unfold, I am absolutely excited to see the things that will happen- things that are infinitely more than what we ask for or think!  I am beyond thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment