Thursday 8 August 2013

Hair Diary: Over the Years

Back in 2010, I had short hair, and in 2008, I even tried a boy-cut.  My hair and I have been through a great many changes together.  One thing I've yet to do is to dye my hair in an outrageous color, preferably platinum blonde, but the upkeep would be dreadful on my hair and wallet.

2008
Was my handsome Asian boy stage
2008
Prince of Egypt stage

2009
My first time dying my hair and it was a honey brown hue.

Since I've started this blog, I've always had long curly hair.  My biological hair texture is actually wavy and my original hair color was black.  Because of different chemicals, my hair has now become an unhealthy ruddy color.  Thankfully, my new growth has taken over much of my hair, and I'm hoping to give it a rest before my next endeavor that would involve any chemicals.

With that said, I just want to take a couple of look at my hair as we've always known it since December of 2011.

December 2011
I usually have side-swept bangs and loose chemically-made mermaid curls 

March 2012
Pretty much the same

January 2013
Still the same except that I flat-ironed my hair.

June 2013
I was trying to change up my hair a bit by cutting my own fringe bangs.  I also had my hair permed again a couple of months earlier from when this photo was taken.

August 2013
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|


I really wanted to keep my long hair because it took so long to grow and it almost reached my waist~~  so much like a mermaid's.  However, I had a gift certificate that was expiring on Monday and because I didn't want to waste that!- decided that I'd just cut my hair.  Before I went to the salon, I thought that I'd only cut a couple of inches- but what's the point in that?!  So, I went for it!  

But I almost cried :'(  The hairstylist asked me when I tried to crane my neck to get a final glimpse of the dry dry dry hair she mercilessly chopped off, "What's wrong?"  I said, "I'm just sad.  That took 3 years to grow."  BUT I am so over those dry locks- although I still want to look like a mermaid someday...


No comments:

Post a Comment