Thursday 25 July 2013

My Reflection on Gardens in the Bible

Hi everyone,

I wrote this on my Facebook page and I thought it was worth to share here also ^.^


♥♥♥




The first and the greatest spiritual battles happened in gardens- both were the battle of whether man's or God's will be done. 
In the first garden, where Adam and Eve had all the comforts and happyness that God intended for His creation- where all was good- surrendered to their human will. "Man's will be done" brought death to the rest of humanity.
Some millennia later, the Man-God kneels in prayer in another garden, very much aware of His destiny and in honest despair in His Spirit, cried out "Take this cup away from me." Perhaps, He knew that He had the power to command an army of angels to rescue Him from the God-forsakenness He was about to face. But man's will did not win that night. "Not my will but Your will be done." In that garden, when the Christ said that, dare I say, He had redeemed what happened in the first garden and took the step to win the battle for our souls, our lives, our destiny. 


*Bible verse: Luke 22:24 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; but not my will but yours be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment