Sunday 24 June 2012

Japan Days 4 and 5

This is my last post about Japan, just to quickly cover the last couple of days of our trip ^_^

*Photo heavy*

Miraikan: The National Museum of Emerging Science and Technology.
A really cool museum with a bunch of interactive things to do.  This is
the glass bridge in the museum.  I tried to walk up but my knees buckled
and my heart was pounding!  >.<  I chickened out... bleh...  I know, I'm such
a wuss.

Ueno Park...  This path fills with sakura blossoms in April, I've read.


Tokyo National Museum


Ueno Zoo
It makes me pretty sad to see animals in cages.  :'(  Not really for any moral
reasons, unless if the animals are maltreated...  I just think they look really
bummed out that they aren't free in their natural environments and that they
have to see hundreds of people curiously and intently stare at them
all day. :(

I spy a clapping otter. :)

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11

From my glimpse of Japan, I observed that it is full of beautiful people, disciplined and polite as their culture and standards have taught them, yet are really in need to hear the Gospel of peace and hope.  I ask that we keep praying for Japan with their current national issues such as the nuclear situation in Fukushima and the nation's suicide rates, which has continued to exceed the 30,000 mark for fourteen straight years, according to The Japan Times.  My prayer is that people would hear that in Christ, there is hope and a future, especially for those devastated by calamities, unemployment, and other drastic changes in life.

My heart goes out also to the Japanese Christian churches.  I pray that growth and encouragement would be with them always.  I hope that when I do visit Japan again that I would be able to visit one of the churches there.


Just a little gif I made of the view from the window of our hotel.

I'll always miss you, Japan
You've been so accommodating in every way.
Until we meet again (^.^)v

No comments:

Post a Comment