Sunday 9 September 2012

Poem: "Sky-watching"

Sky-watching
For one of these days the clouds will unfold
When light peers in
Then breaks into jubilant outpouring
Revealing a dream we've always had
Realizing the Hope of hopes
Our hearts will tremble with fear
Or blessed gladness
Every eye will be lifted up to the sky
For the invisible God will finally be visible
And will bring justice forevermore
And His Kingdom will be made perfect on Earth
As it is in Heaven
Until then, I will wait on You
Until then, I will be sky-watching!











Background:

There is nothing like the skies of Guam!  Every time I look up at it, I think about Jesus, my God- who was God, is still God, and is the coming God!  Like the other poems I've featured in this blog, this is supposed to have no title of its own except for its first line.  A work in progress, I did not want to lose the draft so I got excited and decided to just post it on this blog. :)

One of the most compelling questions I've heard recently is: "If Jesus were to be here right now, would this be good for you?"  It is my earnest prayer that many people would respond with a "Yes."  But if not, it is not yet too late!  The coming God is pleading to have people like you and me to come to Him and be with Him eternally, forevers away from judgment and death.  But as much as it hurts me to say this, the clock is ticking...

I hope that you enjoy these photos that I've taken, edited, and put together.  :)

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
    and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Revelations 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment