Sunday 19 August 2012

Poem: "A big fish in a small pond"



A big fish in a small pond
Dared to jump- to take a leap of faith
Now a little fish in a big pond
Amongst bigger ones
Where I do not belong
And you have kept me at arm's length
Never drawing me close to your heart
Not caring whether I drew you close to mine
But you put me through your hurdles and hoops- your circus
That I should be so lucky to be in the presence of greatness
That I should be so lucky that many were called but few were chosen

O clanging gong!
You preach to me
But neither do you see the wounds you cause
Because you have no real love for me

O the Saul to my David!
Amongst friends
Until a spear flies aiming at an already wounded heart
Because you have no real love for me

To make Him smile
To restore the joy of His salvation
If you only understood my heart
You'd have compassion for my passion.

~Written by Ruthee Cee- that is me! ^_^

Image:
Koi pond

No comments:

Post a Comment