Friday 10 February 2012

Here In Your Courts... I've Found Where I Belong

Last Sunday, I finally mustered the courage to ask the pastor in the new church we've been attending recently to pray for me.

It's been tugging on my heart to be able to serve the Lord with what I can offer because it would soon get to a point where laziness is kicking in... :(

Last year, I've been dissatisfied with a lot of things in my life...  It's not like I've been complacent because I have tried so many things to fill the gap.  For example, I've led praise and worship, gone on a mission trip, led Bible study, and tried to be as active and preoccupied as I could.  Yet looking back at those, doing those things didn't seem to fill me up...

What I really need is to come to that place where I would just be in awe of God and make peace with Him that it's not about what I can do but what HE has done, HE is doing, and HE will continue to do in my life.

If my heart has grown cold 
There Your love will unfold

As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand 

When I’m blind to my way 
There Your Spirit will pray 
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
"Oceans Will Part" by Hillsong



So, when I asked the pastor to pray for me, he prayed for clarity so that we may understand what the Lord wants of us and that he, as our new pastor, would be a good shepherd to the services and talents that God had entrusted us to offer.  Isn't it of great comfort to know that there are not only people who pray for us, but our Lord as well?  "But the Spirit Himself intercedes for us..." Romans 8:26

Ultimately, how lovely it is to find a place of to belong.  Verily, it is in His courts, close to His throne, that we'll find where we belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment