Monday 1 October 2012

On My Way to Freedom

I don't preach without needing the lesson myself.  :)  The last entry was something I had to learn from, especially in terms of honoring or maintaining respect for someone who has wronged me.  It's not easy and I have not been the most successful at it, too.  :(

Last week was really trying...  And if I could just choose to be alone from everyone except for my blogger peeps for a while, I would.  And Simon and Garfunkel's "I Am A Rock" really comes to mind:
"I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need for friendship
Friendship causes pain
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain
I am a rock
I am an island."

As cheesy as this song may sound (which I so like, by the way), the man has a point.  If you read the lyrics further, a lonely life starts to become a little tempting.  But it all comes down to only that: a lonely, cowardice life...
What has dampened my young spirit so?

Sometimes, some people just make me tick...  No specifics.  :)

So, I have laid out my heart to you all, as vulnerable as it makes me.  I need a forgiving heart...  I thank Jesus for continually redeeming the fallenness of my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment