Monday 29 October 2012

The Only Thing More Romantic

Dedicated to my Mother and Father
who have just celebrated their 35th anniversary
Your promise to God
Your faithfulness to each other
and Your gift to your children.

  When I see you and think about what you've been through, nothing rings more true than that one simple line I remember reading from Pastor Ravi Zacharias' I, Isaac, take Thee, Rebekah.  "The only thing more romantic than newly weds... is oldly weds."

You are an example to all of us.

  That resilient love- completely different from Hollywood's one hour and a half version played by two physically attractive people, but by two real people with imperfections in difficult (to say the least) situations, that had no "Happily Ever After" when you both said, "I do."  

  That lasting love- that passed the test of time when everything around us is becoming more and more temporal.

  That generous love- poured unto your children, that never held back.

When I look at you, I remember that I, too, yearn for a love that lasts and is faithful.  And I would someday say, "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine"- words that so describe your 35 years together.

To another 35 years!
I love you, Mama and Papa!

Text:
Scripture taken from the King James Version (KJV) from biblegateway.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment