Sunday 1 January 2012

Who am I that You are Mindful of Me?

“What is a human being that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him lower than the angels for a little while;
you crowned him with glory and honor and put everything under his feet.” 
Psalm 46:10


One of the greatest question of humans is the question of identity.  "Who am I?  What am I doing in this world?"  A fair question, because how are we to know where to move on if we've no idea of who we are?  Moreover, this question has been addressed with countless books and conversations thus making the need more obvious.  One of the most moving points that I have encountered was by Pastor Ravi Zacharias (and of course, many have shared such a view), who stated that if we were even to have an idea of who we are, then we must first know who our Creator is- Christ, "who is, and who was, and is to come" (Revelations 1:8), and through and for Him all were created (John 1:1-3).


I know this truth already.  And I am actually at a crossroad of my life, where I am feeling that there should be something more from my life.  The questions that disturb me within, "Who am I supposed to be?  What am I doing in this small island?"  I want to be able to do more.  Recently, my family and I stepped down from the church we've been a part of for seven years.  It's a very small congregation and we haven't had a pastor for much of the time period we've been there.  Alas, we had to leave in order to be able to do more.

Oftentimes, I am in great admiration of my brothers and sisters who are known for representing the Lord with all the things that they do and say.  Sometimes, living on a small island, I wonder how am I going to be able to tell more and more people about Jesus.  Yet, I figured out that it is not the location that is the issue, rather it is the will and the desire to do what is right and what is good and what is obedient to the Lord...  My good friend said, "Where you are standing is your mission ground."  My issue is courage.


This coming New Year, I'd like to serve the Lord faithfully in a church once again.  And perhaps, shed away the transient things more and more, and get back into things that will last...  Who am I?  Whoever I am, He is mindful for me, He cares for me.  Though, He made me lower than the angels while I am here on earth, He crowned me with glory and honor.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment